Sunday, August 31, 2014

Seared Halibut and Gazpacho Salsa with Tomato Vinaigrette (p. 159)


Sunday is fish for dinner night.  M picked out this recipe.  I halved the recipe and bought a little over 2/3rds of a pound of halibut for the two of us.  I used 1 tomato, 1 pepper (red, but yellow would have been prettier), 1/4 of the English cucumber and 1/4 of the sweet onion.  I did buy the Sherry vinegar for the dressing and I used grape tomatoes rather than 1 medium tomato.


Cooking the fish was straightforward.  I used a very large saute pan.  The fish had skin on one side, which I removed after it cooked.  I then briefly seared that side again. M and I both loved the halibut, but we thought that there was too much gazpacho salsa.  I think if I were to do it again, I would dice the vegetables more finely.   Not sure we'll make this again, but we'll definitely buy more halibut!

2 comments:

  1. You're so good with the fish. That does look like a lot of "salsa". Maybe if there was some rice or something to eat with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love halibut but am reluctant to try this dish because the thought of tomatoes and fish together doesn't work in my mind BUT you make it look very appealing. Jody, I think your comment is a good one - probably needs rice.

    ReplyDelete