Friday, August 22, 2014

Tomato Scallion Shortcakes with Whipped Goat Cheese (p. 65)

For our second recipe, I made a recipe that caught M's eye.  Once again, it was delicious and I'm inclined to agree with Vaden that a thesaurus will soon be in order. 

I used a pastry blender rather than my fingers to cut in the butter (keeps the butter cooler).  This is a departure from my usual choice of a food processor, but given that the milk was going to need to be mixed in by hand, it seems like the wiser choice.



A pint glass was perfect for forming the biscuits.


I used my mixer to whip the cream, but I would suggest going with 1/4 cup of whipping cream rather than the 3 tbps given in the recipe as that is almost too little of an amount to whip.  Also, if you are going to serve more than two of you, I would recommend doubling the whipped goat's cheese topping, you don't want to skimp on it.  I served the shortcakes with a salad and it was a very satisfying dinner (although we did have two of them each).


2 comments:

  1. This recipe is definitely on my list. K is a shortcake snob, so it will be interesting to see if she can accept the choice version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should say "chive version."

    ReplyDelete